Month Prior Email Notifications

ChrisSayers

Question

Good Morning, 

I am after  advise on if something i want to do is possible.

I have been tasked to start looking after our inspection & Calibration records and ensure they don't lapse, I was wondering weather it is possible for me to build a table which will have an expiration date on it,. and then have it email me and/or my manager a montth prior to it expiring so we are able to get them recalibrated.

hope this makes sense and is possible

thanks

chris

6 answers to this question

Hello @ChrisSayers,

Yes, as PotatoMato replied it should be possible with the Tasks.

You may create a Task and schedule it to run every day.

In the case of the following Task design you will receive as many emails as there are records that meet condition in your table:

IiRJPrx.png

To receive 1 email per day with the list of records, you may use Table Variable:

ZHdGElu.png

Feel free to update this thread in case you have further questions. 

Thank you both,. 

Frustrantly & annoyingly I'm only running the free version at the moment, as initially it was a way for me to be able to create a database online for the company i work for and for other people to view the information and add info. 

im going to look into the costings and put it forward because the database is ever expanding as well so wouldn't want the "data"  become dormant because i can't expand.

Hello again @ChrisSayers,

Since the Free plan doesn`t include the Task feature, while you are using the Free plan, you may create a View that filters the records based on the condition:

Iat9f0K.png

Then you may create an editable Report using this View as a data source and check the records that are displayed on the Report every date/edit them.

Thank you for this,. it will be a great work around and keep everything in one place for now, 

15 hours ago, CoopperBackpack said:

Hello again @ChrisSayers,

Since the Free plan doesn`t include the Task feature, while you are using the Free plan, you may create a View that filters the records based on the condition:

Iat9f0K.png

Then you may create an editable Report using this View as a data source and check the records that are displayed on the Report every date/edit them.