Calculated Field Help

pmcfarlain

Question

I have a calculated field in my datapage to find the biggest "Clean_Serial_Number" under a particular Job_ID. There are many serial numbers under each job so I want it to find the max serial number under JUST that job. Right now, this field is just displaying the max "Clean_Serial_Number" from all the data, not just from the Job_ID.

SELECT MAX(Clean_Serial_Number) FROM tbl_ggl_job_lines
WHERE Job_ID = [@field:Job_ID]

What am I doing wrong?

4 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

I have a calculated field in my datapage to find the biggest "Clean_Serial_Number" under a particular Job_ID. There are many serial numbers under each job so I want it to find the max serial number under JUST that job. Right now, this field is just displaying the max "Clean_Serial_Number" from all the data, not just from the Job_ID.

WHERE Job_ID = [@field:Job_ID]

What am I doing wrong?

What DataPage is this? try using 

WHERE Job_ID = target.[@field:Job_ID]

47 minutes ago, pmcfarlain said:

Same result from this:

WHERE Job_ID = tbl_ggl_job_lines.[@field:Job_ID]

This is a submission form datapage. The job ID passes as a parameter from a previous page. Job ID is displayed as a non-editable field. This calculated value is just meant to show the person submitting the form what the max serial number is so they can use the next one (if the max is 1, the user should input 2 into the Serial Number submission field).

ah no, have you tried target? just 'target', like the one I've sent, not the table name.

Same result from this:

WHERE Job_ID = tbl_ggl_job_lines.[@field:Job_ID]

This is a submission form datapage. The job ID passes as a parameter from a previous page. Job ID is displayed as a non-editable field. This calculated value is just meant to show the person submitting the form what the max serial number is so they can use the next one (if the max is 1, the user should input 2 into the Serial Number submission field).