Inline edit dropdown not showing a drop down and choices

techguy

Question

Good day!

I have a datapage that is embed on a pop-up modal on a page. When I click the button, the modal pops up and everything works great. The tab report is able to inline edit, however the dropdown will not work for editing a field with dropdown. The field looks correct, with the correct current choice, and the drop-dwon icon is there.. just does not drop down to allow a new choice.

The inline edit works when I preview.. but not how I have it inside a modal pop-up on the page. My guess the modal and inline edit with a dropdown causes this...

Any suggestions?

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, techguy said:

Good day!

I have a datapage that is embed on a pop-up modal on a page. When I click the button, the modal pops up and everything works great. The tab report is able to inline edit, however the dropdown will not work for editing a field with dropdown. The field looks correct, with the correct current choice, and the drop-dwon icon is there.. just does not drop down to allow a new choice.

The inline edit works when I preview.. but not how I have it inside a modal pop-up on the page. My guess the modal and inline edit with a dropdown causes this...

Any suggestions?

Maybe it comes up but the z-index is just lower than the modal and you can't see it? 

On 8/4/2021 at 4:52 PM, techguy said:

I am thinking that as well. if I pop a modal and put a caspio datapage on it, then have detail screen come up, it is below modal. I will see what i can mess with to make it work.

I came up with a solution for bulk edit pop-ups, which may address your detail screen problem (basically I add a .click() handler to the link that would open the pop-up - for you it would probably be the link to see details - then use jquery to pick up the pop-up and place it within the modal body after it is written to the page). The link is here: 

But I'm having trouble with a datapage within a modal that uses autocomplete and calendar pop-up fields. I think targeting the autocomplete suggestions to make them visible would be a different process from what I came up with for bulk edit. Have you had any further progress with your investigations?

Hello - If you have a modal and Form Elements that are not showing such as AutoComplete, Dropdowns, and Date Pickers, you can use a custom CSS to show these elements in front of the modal.

Insert this code in the Header of the DataPage.

<style>

.modal-backdrop{
z-index:4 !important;
}
.modal {
z-index: 5 !important;
}
.header-navbar{
z-index: 3 !important;
}

</style>