good site

Mollie

Question

1 answer to this question

Good day,

For me, it really depends on what you are trying to achieve. A good site should contain all the feature that will enable you to achieve your intended purpose.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but by saying "cms dedicated". You are referring to site builders write (Software / tool that you can use to create website with no/minimal coding: ex: Wix)?
Well if it is just a website that is not that complex. Site Builders would be ideal, as you would no longer have to hire a developer to help you build your site and maintain it.

The main difference between this site builder and WordPress is that this Site Builders tend to be a proprietary cms, meaning that the company will not release the source code of your site. And you can't transfer it to a different provider / company.

On the other hand, you have two options for wordpress. You can go with https://wordpress.com/ which is a subscription based, where your site will be hosted on their server. And they have a support team to help you with your technical concerns as long as it is still under their scope of support.

And you can also just download the open-source code of wordpress from https://wordpress.org , where you would need to install it to your hosting account. And the advantage of this, is you can transfer your website from one hosting provider to another. But it would more complex to manage this.    

'