Updating Virtual field in HTML BLOCK

I posted this in General Questions but I think it is better suited here...

I have a virtual field on a table view detail screen that contains a single value SELECT statement, fetching a street address,  using an emp ID retrieved from a dropdown on the same form.  I use this street address in an HTML Block to retrieve and display a google map with the fetched address.  It all works fine except when the user changes employees on the dropdown and the virtual field updates with the new address, the reference to the virtual field in the HTML BLOCK does not update.  How can I ensure the virtual field reference in the HTML BLOCK updates in real-time?

HTML BLOCK:

NOTE  - [@calcfield1] is a static street address.

<script type="text/javascript">
// Popup window code
function newPopup(url) {
 popupWindow = window.open(
  url,'popUpWindow','height=600,width=900,left=10,top=10,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=yes,menubar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes')
}
</script>
<a href="JavaScript:newPopup('http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr={[@calcfield:1]}&daddr={[@cbParamVirtual1]}');">Map Route</a></p><font color=#a52a68>

Thanks for any suggestions

Doug

12 hours ago, HeyItsDoug said:

and the virtual field updates with the new address, the reference to the virtual field in the HTML BLOCK does not update.

Maybe try adding another Calculated Value to the form. Just make the Calculated Value's value to be equal to the Virtual Parameter's value. And use it in place of the cbParamVirtual1 in your anchor tag.