Case Statement in Formula of Table

RobDunbar

Question

Hello All,

I am stumped. I have the following case statement in a formula field and it verifys.

CASE
WHEN [@field:SMNType] = 1 THEN 'l1q1.html?XBSPropertyID=' + [@field:SMNPropertyID] + '&;VRRYear' + [@field:SMNYear]
WHEN [@field:SMNType] = 2 THEN 'l1q2.html?XBSPropertyID=' + [@field:SMNPropertyID] + '&;VRRYear' + [@field:SMNYear]
WHEN [@field:SMNType] = 3 THEN 'l1q3.html?XBSPropertyID=' + [@field:SMNPropertyID] + '&;VRRYear' + [@field:SMNYear]
WHEN [@field:SMNType] = 4 THEN 'l1q4.html?XBSPropertyID=' + [@field:SMNPropertyID] + '&;VRRYear' + [@field:SMNYear]
WHEN [@field:SMNType] = 8 THEN 'b1.html'

ELSE ''

END

However, when I try to save the table I get Unable to save table due tto incompatible values in one or more formula fields.

image.thumb.png.7f79e426ee304fdbf103826f4f2103db.png

6 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Meekeee said:

Hi @RobDunbar - what are the Data types of [@field:SMNType]  [@field:SMNPropertyID] and [@field:SMNYear]?

Agree with @Meekeee. You need to check what are the Data types of your fields to make sure that it is compatible when you will try to concatenate or add it. If they have different Data types, you can try to convert them all as one Data type.

Hello, @RobDunbar, could you please try this formula if this will work? 

CASE
WHEN [@field:SMNType]= 1 
THEN 'l1q1.html?XBSPropertyID=' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,[@field:SMNPropertyID]) + '&;VRRYear' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,[@field:SMNYear])
WHEN [@field:SMNType]= 2
THEN 'l1q2.html?XBSPropertyID=' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,[@field:SMNPropertyID]) + '&;VRRYear' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,[@field:SMNYear])
WHEN [@field:SMNType]= 3
THEN 'l1q3.html?XBSPropertyID=' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,[@field:SMNPropertyID]) + '&;VRRYear' + CONVERT(VARCHAR,[[@field:SMNYear])
END

Since you your fields are all Integer DataTypes, and you're concatenating it to a String, you need to convert the Integer fields into a String as well. 

I hope this helps! ;)