Document Template Generator - Using Text Area Fields with Rich Text

kpcollier

Question

I'm trying to create a PDF template with the Templates feature. Two fields that I am including in this PDF are Text Area datatypes. These fields are updated by users via Rich Text Editor, so there are various line breaks, quotation marks, etc. 

I am able to map the text area fields, however when the PDF is generated, it isn't including the rich text formatting. Instead, it is showing &quot for quotation marks and <br> for the line breaks.

I have made sure that my fillable PDF has 'Allow Rich Text Formatting' enabled. But, it doesn't seem to make a difference with that option on or off. 

Any ideas?

pdfarea.PNG.28b2ade76d8a978955bc62f211a08b0d.PNG

4 answers to this question

Also to add on this the &quot; in your output is the entity name for quotation marks. to replace them with actual qoutation marks you can either create a trigger that will replace a string to another string just like on this post or add a new .replace() function on this post.

I found a list of entity name and their actual value which may be helpful to some: https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp#:~:text=Some Useful HTML Character Entities