How do I create a DP to edit user name registrations

ahollander

Question

6 answers to this question

Yes you most certainly can create another DP to manage this table....this is also the preferred method as opposed to the constant import/export of the table.

It is also a good idea to make this page have user authentication as well. You can setup a table just for the admin with the login information of your choosing.

The options are grayed out for a capture form if the page is not within an authenticated folder. The page you are looking to setup is a \"Search and Report\" datapage. The options for editing are on the \"details\" section. You will find that initially when going through the wizard the field elements are set to \"display only\"....however changing these elements to textfield will give you the ability to update the record. Search and Report also gives you the ability to delete records as well.

I would suggest the following:

create a new table (lets call it admin)

have it contain two fields

one for username

one for password

setup the login you want for this

create a new folder (lets call it admin as well)

enable authentication (based off of the table we just created)

create a new DP inside this new folder

type of DP = search and results

if you dont want to be presented with a search at first then choose predefined criteria.

I have enabled Web User Authentication and RLS. I want to edit/delete user name registrations. I can export the table, but the option to import and overwrite the table is not available. So can I create a DP to edit the table?

One work around to overwriting a table being used for authentication is to delete all the record from that table and append the new table during import.