Hidden fields on results page

kmorse

Question

5 answers to this question

As im sure you have found out it is different to hide something on results because there is no reference (\"ID\") to hide the element with.

Since the results page comes out in a table what we have to do is find the row then cell and hide that....a little more difficult but not too much.

So are you wanting to hide one value in the results page?

How many rows do the results come out in?

Is what you want to hide repeated multiple times?

Steve,

Yes, I noted that there is no reference ID to use on the results page.

Looking to hide one value that appears as many times as there are rows on the page. I am currently setting it to display all results, which can vary.

Thanks in advance.

To see what I'm after, go to www.denverpost.com/2007candidates.

Enter \"Aurora\" and \"Arapahoe\" in the city and county fields, respectively. You'll see no results. Now click on \"here\" in the line that says, \"For a list of ballot issues in the city or county you selected, click here. I want to use a field called \"ballot order\" to sort ballot issues (or candidates) into particular groups as they appear on the ballot.

The datapages as a whole are still a work in progress, but I wanted to work out this issue if I could.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Keith Morse

I would like to do this too. I would like to sort by a field that is not displayed. I can create a field in the table called SortID, but then when building the DataPage, I want to be able to sort by that field, but not display it. It seems like all the pieces are there in the product to do this, the only problem is that when you navigate your way to the \"Display Options: Sort Order\" section of the Search and Report Wizard - Search Results Options page, the only choices are those fields which have been previously selected for display, rather than allowing you to choose any field in the table. I could solve this by putting a numerical prefix before each entry of a field that IS being displayed so that I could sort by that field, but this prefix would be a meaningless distraction to the user. Otherwise, I love the product by the way.

I would like to do this too. I would like to sort by a field that is not displayed. I can create a field in the table called SortID, but then when building the DataPage, I want to be able to sort by that field, but not display it. It seems like all the pieces are there in the product to do this, the only problem is that when you navigate your way to the "Display Options: Sort Order" section of the Search and Report Wizard - Search Results Options page, the only choices are those fields which have been previously selected for display, rather than allowing you to choose any field in the table. I could solve this by putting a numerical prefix before each entry of a field that IS being displayed so that I could sort by that field, but this prefix would be a meaningless distraction to the user. Otherwise, I love the product by the way.

Hello,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available at this time. I have added it to our feature request list.

If this is something that you must have, we can do some Javascript programming to accomplish this. Please call our sales at (877) 820-9100.