Long Spaces between label and field on data pages

lars4worship

Question

On a basic data page, I have a long space showing up on one of my data pages that I'm creating and I can't figure out why. I can put the labels on top and the problem goes away, but then the form looks ugly.

Also, I'm trying to add a + button that would allow someone to enter the same information on a set of fields, but duplicated. I have the room in my table and I would like them to be able to click a "+" button like "+ Click to add another medication" then the new fields would appear blank below. Is there a way to do this?

Best Regards,

Larry

4 answers to this question

Hi Larry,

Give me the URL where you have your DataPage deployed so I can take a look at the spacing problem.

Regarding creating set of fields when user clicks on a button, you need to use Java Script. Caspio has a library of Java Script solutions but the one you asked for is not available however those Java Scripts will give you a good idea on how to integrate Java Script codes within Caspio DataPage.

You can also refer to Caspio Professional Service department to get it done by their developers.

Regards,

Bahar M.

Hi @lars4worshipand @JB0002

I had a similar concern, what I did was:

1. Check the length of the labels of the fields, use hints for the information of the field.
2. Use section column number, you can separate fields by sections to be uniform or not.

- https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/field-configuration-options/rollover-hints/
- https://howto.caspio.com/datapages/datapage-components/multi-column-and-sections/

I hope this help