Can my users email a results details page to a friend?

rayjkelly

Question

Hi Caspio!

I've been reading this forum and have seen a reference to "email to a friend" button. I just can't find any other information on this.

In short, I'd like to give my website's visitors the ability to send their friends a link to a search results details page -- or email the contents of the details page directly to a friend. Similar to the "Share This" button commonly used on the web today. Is this possible?

If this is not possible, is it possible to embed the code for the "Share This" button into the search results details page?

Thank you,

Ray

2 answers to this question

Hi Ray,

Here is the response from Caspio Support:

--------------------------------

This is possible but requires passing parameters which are advanced features of Capsio. The standard details page of a Search and Report can not be used for this purpose as the details link contains appsession which is a temporary link and gets expired after some time. So you need to create a Direct to Details Search and Report to receive the unique ID of the results record.

We have a documentation which shows you how to create a details page separate than results page using passing parameters and this way you can deploy the details DataPage in a web page so the URL will be always fixed.

After you have done this, you can insert a link or button into the details page footer or header or an HTML block to a Web Form to collect the Email address and the details page URL that some one wants to send to a friend.

These all requires a lot efforts if you are not a Caspio Bridge advanced user. Let us know if you would like us to build this for you.

I would also recommend our advanced online training classes we offer for free to our paying clients. Please pick the class from http://www.caspio.com/training/websessions.asp, it really helps you to speed up your project development.

--------------------------

Best,

Bahar M.

Hi!! If it isn't much, maybe they can just download the result then email the file instead? I learned we can download the results page and also the details page now.

https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-make-the-details-downloadable-for-users/

https://howto.caspio.com/faq/reports-datapages/how-to-make-the-search-results-downloadable-for-my-users/