calculated field to concatenate notes entered in virtual fields

Fleshzombie

Question

I have a bunch of virtual fields I am using for notes and am hoping to concatenate them all into a calculated field with the field label if the virtual field is not blank.  I have tried a few different formulas but have not gotten it to work when trying this with more than 1 virtual field in the calculation.

I know the formula below is not correct but gives you an idea of what I am trying to do 

IF('[@cbParamVirtual1]' = '','','QA Checklist Error Notes- ' + '[@cbParamVirtual1]') + CHAR(10) + CHAR(10) + IF('[@cbParamVirtual2]' = '','','QA Checklist Error Notes- ' + '[@cbParamVirtual2]')

3 answers to this question

23 hours ago, autonumber said:

Hi @Fleshzombie- can you try the formula below? 

CASE WHEN '[@cbParamVirtual1]' AND '[@cbParamVirtual2]' !=' ' 

THEN 'QA Checklist Error Notes- ' + '[@cbParamVirtual1]' + 'QA Checklist Error Notes' +'[@cbParamVirtual2]'

END

Hi @autonumber, I tried the formula but regardless of what was entered into either boxes the calculated field was showing up blank (but was not giving a calculation error)

The closest I have gotten to get it to work is this formula, but it only works if both virtual fields have text entered in them which is not always the case (sometimes notes are not necessary so some of the virtual fields are left blank and want them skipped in the calculation):

NULLIF('QA Checklist Error Notes- ' + '[@cbParamVirtual1]','QA Checklist Error Notes- ') + CHAR(10) + CHAR(10) + NULLIF('Audio Capture Error Notes- ' + '[@cbParamVirtual2]','Audio Capture Error Notes- ')