Parameter passing

SteveMott

Question

Hi

I have a problem that I’m not sure how to solve.

My application enables a user to select a medication and then view the side-effects associated with it.

The user can then select a specific side-effect and proceed to look at other ... that have the same indication or use as the original. To do this, as most ... have multiple indications, the user needs to select the appropriate indication.

The final step is to display a table of the ... with the selected indication and their rates of reporting for the side-effect.

This is implemented using a submission for the original drug which passes the IngredientID as a parameter.

The receiving tabular page receives the IngredientID and displays all of the side-effects for that drug (I use the term ingredient as interchangeable with the drug).

Each side-effect has a unique ReactionID, so from the side-effect table the user can select an HTML link called Indications to pass the IngredientID and the ReactionID to the next page.

Using the IngredientID a list of all the indications with that ID are displayed and the user can select which indication is appropriate.

The final page needs to display a table of all the ... that have the selected indication and the rates of the selected side-effect.

The problem is that I cannot see how I pass the parameters along the chain at the point of listing the indications. The ReactionID is not needed at this point but is required for the final list.

Thanks

Steve

parameters.png

7 answers to this question

Hi @SteveMott,

Based on what I understand from your workflow, the IngredientID and ReactionID are being passed from Table 1 to Table 2 and Table 3. In Table 2, you only need IngredientID and for Table 3, you need both parameters. Your question is that how to filter Table 2 using IngredientID only even though you are passing both parameters. Is that correct? If yes, then, in Table 2, you can include the IngredientID field only in the Filtering fields option. It will not affect the result as long as you will not include the ReactionID in the filtering fields.

image.png.75051140b556b56718d80ca14f8b11c7.png

Hope this helps! :) 

Thanks for your time cheonsa. 

My explanation was not as clear as it could have been!

The problem is that I need to get the ReactionID to Table 3 which is only generated after a selection for IndicationID is made in Table 2!

Table 1 send the following string to Table 2:

https://www.pharmadvisor.org.uk/indexIndication3.html?IngredientID=G9RKYCE2&ReactionID=10002034

Table 2 generates the IndicationID OK and sends it to Table 3. But I do not have the ReactionID available to Table 3.

The URL generated by selecting an Indication from Table 2 is shown below and, as you can see the ReactionID is now missing.URL.png.26aa7498a00fc66d91592f84bb8358d7.png

So I need the ReactionID to leap frog Table 2 and get to Table 3 somehow.

Steve

Hello @SteveMott,

Sorry for the confusion.

You can add a Calculated field in the Reports Page of Table 2 to store the value of the ReactionID that is being passed from Table 1. Then, You can just hide this Calculated field so it will not be visible.

In the URL, you can use this https://www.pharmadvisor.org.uk/indexIndication3.html?IndicationID=[@field:IndicationID]&ReactionID=[@calcfield:1]&IngredientID=[@field:IngredientID]

Here are the screenshots for more details.

Screenshot_142.png

The parameter should be enclosed with single quotation marks.

Screenshot_143.png

To hide columns in Report, you may check this post: