One input to two virtual fields

diaster

Question

Basically i am new to caspio. I have one field, lets call it "where' I want to be able to capture a city name or a zip. I then pass this variable to my search form. there I have two fields City and zip. Is there a way to pass this info to one and not the other in order to search for city or zip. do i have to make one field Type hidden that captures data from input city and input zip to have a field that contains both, and search that field with the data captured in search field "where" and if so how do i make this combo field.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

As I understand you want to have a Search based on values in two fields Zip and City and the value for the Search field is passed from a Virtual field "Where". If "Where" can be either City or Zip than in your table you need to combine the Zip and City field and name it "Search_Where". Then you will use this "Search_Where" as the Search field on Search page and pass the value of "Where" to this field. Also when you configure "Search_Where" field, configure Comparison type to "contains".

e.g. Table:

Zip State Search_Where

95053 California 95050 California

Regards,

Megha