Automatically Upload a URL to a datapage web form

SunnyB

Question

Hello,

Fellas i am stuck. I created a datapage web form and in the Acknowledgement email to the user there is a URL, and it chenges everyday. How do i automatically upload it to the datapage, so i dont i have to edit the webform everyday to change the URL. My understanding is that i have to create a table with a field that will contain URL's for some future days and another autonumber field. Then i have to write a javascript to call the next autonumber after the day expires??

Please help.. :(

7 answers to this question

Thankyou for a quick response:

And no, its just a URL that goes in the Acknowledgement email. For example a user fills out the form and clicks submit, then he receives an auto reply email which contains a URL. Now that URL is different everyday. right now i am editing the datapage and updating that URL everyday. i wanna automate that. Is there a way?

Sunny

Hi,

In this case you can have the URL field included in the table and include it in the DataPage and then make it a dropdown with lookup to another table with one field and one record URL. You can include this field in the Acknowledgement Email. Now you can just change the value of URL in that lookup table instead of editing the Datapage. You can hide the URL field on the webform.

Another possibility is to have a Date field as dropdown and URL field as cascading dropdown. The lookup table will now have Dates and URLs stored. If I choose today's date the URL field has today's URL like that.

Thanks,

Megha

Another possibility is to have a Date field as dropdown and URL field as cascading dropdown. The lookup table will now have Dates and URLs stored. If I choose today's date the URL field has today's URL like that.

I am gonna try that, Thankyou so much for your help!!