How to Display Video on Details Page

SunnyB

Question

7 answers to this question

Hello,

The users can upload the video files in Caspio. And then on the details page you can refer to those files as links - users can click on the link to see/play the video.

"To display the image/file, select Form element as “Display Onlyâ€. If it is an image you could choose Display as Image and if it is a file, choose Display as File or you could select “Auto-detect†to detect automatically if it is an image or file."

Hope this helps.

Best,

SO

Hi, just to update this post. I also have the same issue before, I believe that Caspio can save a video file in the table (Single file upload via DataPage submission is 50 MB) but it will not or cannot be played in the DataPage once you play it because I think they don't have a player for that. But you may try this code that I get from this link: 

<video width="400" controls>
  <source src="[@field:Video_File/]" type="video/mp4">
  Your browser does not support HTML5 video.
</video>

If you're using a video from Youtube you can create an HTML BLOCK and put the embed code there. To get the embed code from youtube, you just need to right click on the video and select the "copy embed code". Copy that piece of code to your HTML BLOCK and it would look like you're watching a youtube clip directly from your DataPage with full control.

image.png.621441012f6d4542f217a8c0d11aa400.png

Embed code sample:

<iframe width="1904" height="721" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dQw4w9WgXcQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>