Conditionally Disable View Details record action

Hello! Is there a way to  disable the "View Details" record action if a certain [Field:Name] = "Test1"

I already have datapages where the link to the details page is through a html block, and that is easy to hide based on a condition using javascript.

Thanks in advance !

Hi @bookish

I think this article can help you achieve your goal.
https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/disabling-inline-edit-option-in-reports-based-on-a-condition/

image.thumb.png.40a2141e9129013ec797df8dff2645a7.png

You can change the InlineEdit with 'DetailsLink'
And of course you could change the the condition in CalculatedField according to your needs.

Hope it helps

Hi @bookish

You can do it without JavaScript

1. Use the calculated field to return a link you need as an HTML string. For example:

CASE WHEN [@field:Name]= "Test1" THEN '<a href="detailsLink?parametername='+ [@field:RandomID]+ '">Details page </a>'  ELSE ''  END

image.png.3b7c00106dbf90531ffd7f4c4b5b6197.png

2. Add this calculated field as HTML to HTML block:

image.png.3de076635d98ab64d00e3722d2a110f0.png

3. Place the calculated field in 1st position and add the following CSS in the header of your DataPage:

<style>
dt:nth-child(1),
dd:nth-child(2) {
display: none;
}

</style>

Hope it helps

Thank you very much @Ilyrian and @Volomeister for the proposed solutions.

The solution not to use a Javascript did not work for me. The Calculated field was not working. And as the View Details link still appeared, I thought I should choose No in "Do you need a Details Page for each record?" But the Calculated field seems to require a new datapage for which I don't have any more allowance in my plan.

I went back to the topic which I started, use the solution of @DefinitelyNot31337 and it worked with my LIST type of report

I just replaced all pertinent words with DetailsLink. 

Hi @bookish

You can use the following JavaScript to remove default details link from the List report:

<script>

if (typeof rowPosition == 'undefined') {

const rowPosition = 1
const targetValue = 'Test1'

const removeDetailLinks = () => {
document.querySelectorAll('[class*="cbResultSetListViewTable"]').forEach(container => {
    if(container.querySelector(`.cbResultSetData:nth-of-type(${rowPosition})`).innerText.trim() == targetValue) {
    document.querySelector('.cbResultSetPanelColumnarRAContainer').remove()
    }
})
document.removeEventListener('DataPageReady', removeDetailLinks )
}

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', removeDetailLinks )
}

</script>

Where rowPosition is the position of the row where [Field:Name]  label and its value are displayed
targetValue stores the value you would like to check against. So when the value of  [Field:Name] equals to targetValue, the details link will be removed

On 4/27/2023 at 6:56 PM, Volomeister said:

Hi @bookish

You can use the following JavaScript to remove default details link from the List report:

<script>

if (typeof rowPosition == 'undefined') {

const rowPosition = 1
const targetValue = 'Test1'

const removeDetailLinks = () => {
document.querySelectorAll('[class*="cbResultSetListViewTable"]').forEach(container => {
    if(container.querySelector(`.cbResultSetData:nth-of-type(${rowPosition})`).innerText.trim() == targetValue) {
    document.querySelector('.cbResultSetPanelColumnarRAContainer').remove()
    }
})
document.removeEventListener('DataPageReady', removeDetailLinks )
}

document.addEventListener('DataPageReady', removeDetailLinks )
}

</script>

Where rowPosition is the position of the row where [Field:Name]  label and its value are displayed
targetValue stores the value you would like to check against. So when the value of  [Field:Name] equals to targetValue, the details link will be removed

Thank you very much @Volomeister I will use this in similar needs in the future! :)