Export CSV has a ton of spaces in the last line

mitmit

Question

I set up a search and report page and clicked the box to "Enable users to download search results." I chose the CSV format. People are able to download the search results which is great.

However, the last line in the CSV consists entirely of spaces. Does anyone know how to prevent that?

6 answers to this question

My only suspect is that you have a blank record in the View. You have mentioned that your Search and Report is based on a View, if your View returns many records it might be hard to look whether there is a blank record. Just to double check and verify this you can modify the View to filter data by a text field comparison type "Is Not Blank". This way you will be sure no blank record is returned in the View hence in the DataPage results page.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Bahar M.

Good thought.

I filtered down so that it would pull up exactly 1 record in my view so it even says "Record 1-1 of 1."

I click on Download and opened up the CSV. The first row is the header information. The second row is the information. The third row is still just a ton of spaces.