Submit Multiple Times Based On Member/Driver Count

Swagatika

Question

Hi all,

I am working on vehicle insurance portal. I have stuck in some building functionality in DataPage. 

My requirement is:

A user wants to fill his information along with his family member's information by clicking on add in 'User information DataPage'. I need to create a "Add Member/Add Driver" button so that it can add its members/Driver's information one by one. Like if it has one then one member will be added or if it has more than one then more members will be added. For every member have same input field but different form. They should be able to submit multiple times based on the number of member/drivers added.These all data need to store in one table, so that we can fetch these data easily. Here is my DataPage URL which am working on it.

Please find attached file below. This is the structure I have to developed in this DataPage. If any resources are available please share or give any road map to build this functionality.

Add Member.PNG

3 answers to this question

@Swagatika will the details of the User and the Members they add be on the same record or row in the table? If that is the case, I don't think you can create a setup for a dynamic number of members because you'll be bound by a maximum number of fields that you can create for each members. if you put the records of each members in a separate table, you may just set the link to open a pop up tab for the submission form and just link the records using an ID field

On 7/22/2023 at 11:01 PM, Tubby said:

@Swagatika will the details of the User and the Members they add be on the same record or row in the table? If that is the case, I don't think you can create a setup for a dynamic number of members because you'll be bound by a maximum number of fields that you can create for each members. if you put the records of each members in a separate table, you may just set the link to open a pop up tab for the submission form and just link the records using an ID field

@Tubby If we take a one table only for member then how can we build this? My requirement is a customer have to his personal details along with fills his additional member. and in details page he can see both his personal information with his additional member's details. Can you give some idea about on that?

On 7/24/2023 at 1:07 AM, Swagatika said:

@Tubby If we take a one table only for member then how can we build this? My requirement is a customer have to his personal details along with fills his additional member. and in details page he can see both his personal information with his additional member's details. Can you give some idea about on that?

Sorry I am kinda confused with your comment. By "If we take a one table only for member then how can we build this?" do you mean you are going to create a separate table for the members?

If yes, then setup for the submission form will be like this:

-Submission form for user and add members link

-Add members link opens a pop up tab for a submission form for each members where the user id is passed as a foreign key.
(they can add how many members they want with this method) 

For displaying:
Simply create a View that joins the User and the Members table using the userID and rather than a Details DataPage, maybe use other DataPage types that can display multiple records such as List or Gallery and use that View so you can just add a filter using the user ID and show both the user and the members under that ID.

I hope that makes sense. I haven't got a sample to provide but basically its taking advantage of referencing using Primary and Foreign Keys.