Close a pop-up and reload parent window

I'm trying to use a version of this tech tip : http://howto.caspio.com/datapages/form-elements/dropdowns-and-listboxes/dynamically-adding-options-to-dropdowns-and-listboxes/#comment-733

The script in the tech tip is:

window.close();

if (window.opener && !window.opener.closed) {

window.opener.location.reload();

}

This script is supposed to close the popup window after form submission, AND reload the parent page. Currently, it closes the window, but does not reload the page. I've looked everywhere, and tried many things, but it still won't work.

Any ideas/scripts?

• 7 years later...

Hi @coderedkyle,

The script that was given on the article works fine. To properly test this feature you will need to deploy the original form and view it outside of Caspio Bridge. If not deployed, the popup window will appear, however, the original form will not refresh when a new item is submitted.

Sorry for the late response. :) 

Regards,

kristina

• 2 years later...

@Joemac, it looks like the article in that URL above was deleted and replaced with a new one.

https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/automatically-add-options-to-dropdowns-and-listboxes/

There is a good description on how to get this going from that link. Make sure you are deploying your datapage before testing, as it won't work if you are using the 'Preview' option. 

2 hours ago, Joemac said:

Ok I see. So if the pop up is a caspio link (and not embedded) this won’t work.  Right??  @kpcollier

No. You can use caspio links. You just can't test it within Caspio Bridge. You'll need to have both pages set to 'Deployed' and use the URL from the parent page (the one that has the link to the popup) in your web browser. Or, use the embed code and deploy it to your own webpage. 

What I meant is, if you are building the datapage and click on the 'Preview' button to view the datapage, it will not work. It has to be outside of the Caspio workstation.