Table - Data transfer

cire01

Question

Example:

I created a registration table, buyer table and a seller table.

I built a registration form, which inputs the register person data in the registration table. In the registration form itself, there is a drop down that allows one to register as a buyer or seller. Based on what a person selects (buyer or seller), I would like their data to transfer to the appropriate table (buyer table or seller table).

Is this possible?

3 answers to this question

No, I don't think it can be done that way. But one option to keep in mind is filtered views. If you kept buyers and sellers in the same table, you could then create a view filtered on that field equal to "Buyer"; and likewise for "Seller". So now you have two views to use as if they were separate tables.

For what it's worth,

Tim

On 12/22/2018 at 9:35 PM, JolliBeng said:

Hi cire01,

I think that can be done using Triggered Actions.

You can create a trigger that will Insert Into Buyer table the data from the registration table if the person selected "Buyer".

-JolliBeng

In addition to this, you can just create a field in the registration table that tells if they are seller or buyer then create 2 views, one for each.