Align columns differently in same results page - how?

WestTexasKen

Question

How do I set the alignment of specific columns in a results and/or details page?

I want the currency to be right aligned, names left aligned, etc. Right now it seems alignment settings for columns is global.

How do I do this? Can I do my own custom CSS or something along those lines?

Thanks,

Ken Grimm

Site manager for gosanangelo.com

EW Scripps newspapers

4 answers to this question

Hi Ken, If you are using a list report, you can insert a HTML Block in your 'Configure Results Page Field' and display the field name and value from it. You can provide them your own html styles. for e.g: the code in HTML Block in one of my datapage is as below:
Name :[@field:name_field]
here, Name is the label, and [@field:name_field] will produce the value in that field. You can get the syntax automatically(there is a small button on the lower right of the wizard. You can see when you insert HTML Block). This HTML Block is really nice, we can create a and place the field in any desired column() :) I suppose it accepts all HTML tags:)) hope this helps.

Hi there, There are times that this is not able to display correctly on some of my users. Then, I figured that using the !important property in our style. What we did is first, go to the Styles > Click Source > Select 'All' > Search or Ctrl+F and paste the name of the cell name that you have, in our case it is .cbResultSetTableCell > From there, make sure to insert the !important at the end of the text-align.  

Here is a brief example on our part: 

-----------Start------------
text-align: left !important;
-----------End------------

For more information about the property: https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_important.asp#:~:text=The !important rule in CSS,specific property on that element!

For your reference, here is the article for the styles: https://howto.caspio.com/styles/creating-or-editing-style/ 

Hope this helps. Cheers.