Search Again

mostd45

Question

One of the DataPage Elements in my Search is a LISTBOX allowing MULTI-SELECTION (with "Match Any (OR)")

I am using BOTH "Custom Value" and a "LOOKUP TABLE"

The Custom Value is written and displayed as "ANY" and it is also the first DEFAULT selection.

When I make a selection from this LIST BOX using a value from the LOOKUP TABLE, the RESULTS page is CORRECT.

HOWEVER . . .

When I click on SEARCH AGAIN on the Results Page

It goes back to the Search Page but displays BOTH the "ANY" and the Custom Value that was originally selected.

How can I change this so . .

When I click on SEARCH AGAIN it goes back to the Search Page with ALL the previously made selections

Thank You

3 answers to this question

Here is the link . . . http://b3.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=81ca ... f4499b87a7

Yes - - I want the Search Page to display the search selections but it does not appear to be working that way.

Here is a sample scenario . . .

1) Under "City" note that "ANY" is the default highlighted selection

2) Now select SUMMIT under City - - Note that "ANY" is NO LONGER highlighted

3) Now click on SEARCH button - - The results pages CORRECTLY displays all the restaurants in SUMMIT

4) Now click on "SEARCH AGAIN" - - Here is the PROBLEM . . . Summit is correctly highlighted but "ANY" is also INCORRECTLY highlighted

As I mentioned in my first message below . . .

One of the DataPage Elements in my Search is a LISTBOX (i.e., CITY) allowing MULTI-SELECTION (with "Match Any (OR)") - - I am using BOTH "Custom Value" (i.e., ANY) and a "LOOKUP TABLE" (which includes Summit and other towns as displayed in the listbox) - - Somehow this "ANY" custom value is getting re-selected when "Search Again" is invoked (perhaps this is because it is the "default") but somehow I need to configure the Search Field in the Search/Report Wizard so "ANY" does not get re-selected.

HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE and THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP !!