Password recovery options

cianelectric

Question

I’d like to find a way to implement a password change / recovery solution without using an email validation link.

Some of my users are not receiving mails from caspio as they get blocked by the filter settings on their side which means they then can’t change or reset their password with this method.

Has anyone found a good solution for this which doesn’t rely on on the standard password recovery form which generates an email and link?

thanks 

1 answer to this question

Hi @cianelectric, I don't think there are alternatives for cases like this. I remember I tried using a single-record update form and planned to just make my user remember this very unique ID so they can use it to look up their account, then change the password in the form but it requires the current password so they can create a new one. Looks like the password recovery form is the only way. You can try checking if the email and domain you use for sending the verification is verified to lessen the chance of your users not receiving the email:

https://howto.caspio.com/notifications/email-notifications/verifying-email-and-domain/

Hope this helps you. I'll also follow this thread in case someone has other ideas :D