Encrypted Parameters in URL

DAG4Debt

Question

I'm using SSL, but want to encrypt parameters in the visible URL from parameters passed through from an HTML Block or HTML Code in the final screen of a datapage. What is the best way to encrypt or decode these parameters from within a Caspio HTML Block so that they are not visible in the URL after sent to a new page?

5 answers to this question

I'll explain a little more. Some results pages have a link to another site, so there is no transfer of parameters through Caspio Bridge because there is no formal "exit" from the page (at least I don't think so). If there'a way to transfer parameters through the bridge without having to exit (e.g. from a link in the page), then I'm golden. If a virtual field is an option, can you provide me an example of what you have in mind.

As an example from my site, I have a link from a results page to open another page to complete data. Parameters from the record need to be passed to the new page, opened with the window.open function as a popup. Maybe I am misunderstanding how and when parameters are passed through Caspio, but I've tried the same thing without passing a parameter as a query string in the URL, and the variable doesn't seem to pass.

Your thoughts and insight are appreciated. Thank you.

Please can someone respond to this. This is an imperative. I find it disconcerting that every tutorial, help, or support function I've read demands that these kinds of parameters can only be passed through a query string, but then the response from Caspio support is "why am I doing it that way?" If there is a way to pass parameters through the bridge from an HTML block, that'll work, but I need a response or an alternative to encrypt or pass data securely. I also will implement https, but my understanding is that only encrypts the data during transmission from the browser to the server, but the URL query string is still visible in the toolbar on the user's browser which still needs to be avoided. The data is extremely confidential. Thoughts please ????

Here is an answer I received from a Caspio expert:

Create an Autovalue field in the Clients submission form where a new record is being created. The Autovalue creates Random Unique ID for each submission, the setting of the Autovalue should be "For Application Use" not "For Human Use". Then in your custom details URL you need to pass this parameter instead of the sensitive data.

Let me know if it helps :wink: :wink: :wink: