How to restore back-up table

LeeInKC

Question

I appended an Excel spreadsheet to an existing table in our club app. I messed up and didn't rename a field in the spreadsheet to match the table, so I ended up duplicating every record. I checked the "back up table" option before I imported, but now I can't find where I can restore the backed-up table. Help!

3 answers to this question

The backed up Table is available for downloading :) . Please check Alerts on the top right corner of Caspio bridge.

I am attaching a screenshot to show this. You will see two messages in the Alerts window, one saying the Import is successful, and another message saying that the exported file is ready to be downloaded. You can import back the XML file using the format, Caspio bridge XML. I hope it helps :D

Bangalore, thanks for the response. I did not get that alert when I appended the new spreadsheet. I just now checked the alert history and the only thing there is the successful import alert. We have the entry-level version of Caspio. I wonder if the back-up feature is not activated in the "cheap" version?

Anyway, I figured out a way to delete the duplicate records by sorting the table by the mis-matched fields to get the two sets of duplicates seperately grouped, then marking the newly-created duplicates for deletion.

Hi there, you may want to check out this forum post if you need more information: 

Also, you can reach out to Caspio Support via chat or ticket channel and provide the necessary information so that they can restore your objects. However, there is a fee and will vary depending on the number of objects that needs restoration.