Is Caspio To Complex A Solution To Publish A Basic Excel Spreadsheet To Web?

ETFIA

Question

I'm and excel guy looking for a simple solution to publish excel data to a Joomla website.  Don't know much about databases or html.

I have 1 basic excel file, 10 columns and 500 rows.  Column 10 is my "filter" and contains 10 different groups for the data.  I also want to have different cell background colors based on the values in the cell (either replicate from excel sheet, or ability to set criteria with Caspio bridge).

My goal is to embed code on 10 different web pages, each page would display 1 of the groups.  Data is updated monthly, was looking for a solution where I could just upload a new source and it would refresh my web pages.

Caspio looks incredibly powerful, but it also looks complex.

Newbie looking for help - tutorials or resources or advice on simple excel web display.

Thanks,

Anthony

3 answers to this question

When you start working with Caspio you will find it easy and user friendly :)

To import a table look at this video http://howto.caspio.com/videos/getting-started/searchable-database/create-a-searchable-databse-1-of-3-import-a-table.html

To create a report: http://howto.caspio.com/videos/getting-started/searchable-database/create-a-searchable-database-2-of-3-creating-a-report.html

I am not sure what you have in column 10 but you can filter your data either in the report page if you have predefined report or create a view to filter the data and use it as the source of the report page: http://howto.caspio.com/views/creating-a-view-to-filter-a-table.html

Do you already have a trial account? If yes, then you can contact Caspio and they will help you to create your report page. If not I strongly recommend you to create one and try it out, it will make your job much easier

Good Luck ;)

Thanks for the tips. I have contacted Caspio and am waiting a reply.

Does anyone know if Caspio can accept basic rules surrounding cell background shading? For example, if a value is over 1 it will be green, less than -1 the background shading will be red.

Also, once the bridge is configured and snippets added to website code, does updating the source data file in Caspio automatically update the web pages?

Does anyone know of anyexamples of basic excel spreadsheets published as HTML tables?

Apologies for the noob questions.

Thanks,

Anthony

Does anyone know if Caspio can accept basic rules surrounding cell background shading? For example, if a value is over 1 it will be green, less than -1 the background shading will be red.

>> It is possible by some extra programming. You can always hire Caspio professional services team to customize it for you

Also, once the bridge is configured and snippets added to website code, does updating the source data file in Caspio automatically update the web pages?

>> Yes