Submission Form Datapage - Email Acknowledgement Not Working

mbogen52

Question

Hi,

I have a view that I am using in my DataPage Submission form. It involves a 4 table join but it could be just 2 tables. I know that only 1 table is allowed to be editable from the view. Why are my non-editable fields from the other tables not showing up on my custom Acknowledgement Email? It lets me insert them on the email.

Thank you

Mike

5 answers to this question

Hi Mike,

To clarify, this is a known issue since Notification/Acknowledgement emails in a submission form only have access to the values that were actually inserted and they do not have access to the other values via view. We suggest using Details DataPage, which you already did:), where emails have access to all fields of the current record. If it has to be a submission form based on multi-table view, then a workaround is to redirect to a Details DP which sends the email and auto-submit using JS.

~ Emma

Hi Mike,

My fields are displayed on the Select Fields step, in the Available Fields column, but they are displayed as disabled fields and you cannot add them to the "Selected Fields" column:

Screenshot_183.png

But the fields are not displayed, if in the View these fields are not included. For example, fields buys.id, products.id, products.test on the following screenshot:

Screenshot_184.png

As you can see, these fields are not displayed in the Available Fields column.