Search Form For Update Pages

Elena

Question

Is there a way to create a search form for update pages (not report pages)?

I've been looking all over for any precedents, but came up empty-handed.

I have created update pages and wish to be able to select the appropriate record for specific employees via a search form.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

5 answers to this question

Hello Elena,

I would recommend you to use a 'Details' Report DataPage instead of the 'Single Record Update'. You can allow access to DataPage using 'Record Level Security' feature of Authentication. The article: http://howto.caspio.com/authentications-and-connections/authentication/record-level-security/ explains in further details.

Hope it helps

Hi Irene,

Many thanks for the response. I have Details Report pages that are configured per your recommendation. Basically, I have two types of access. One for member, one for administrator.

I need the administrator to be able to access all 'Single Update Forms' under authentication as Admin. It is nice that 'Report Pages' allow us to do this. But copying and converting 'Update Forms' into 'Report pages' eliminates all of my formatting and everything that I have so far created (including all the fields). Caspio automatically defaults to a clean slate when changing from 'Update Pages' to 'Report Pages".

While the 'Update Forms' that I have are rather substantial in contents and format, I am not looking forward to re-creating the forms.

I guess I should ask too...if there is a way to preserve everything when converting a page from Update Form to a Report Page? Any ideas?

Many thanks again.

Hello Elena,

If I understand correctly, you have several Update Forms that filter records by ID.

You can add one more field to your table and enter a correct link for every record - I mean, the link to correct Update Form with ID.

Then on the Search&Report DataPage you can select "No Details pages" and display the field with link as URL.

I hope, it helps.