How To Pull Record Count Info From Multiple Report Datapages Into One Report Datapage?

Berean

Question

How do I pull record count info from multiple report datapages into one report datapage?

I have 2 objectives with this question:

1. I have dozens of report datapages and I would like to count and display the number of records in each datapage into one master datapage.  
  2. I would like to embed the count for each datapage on separate images-graphic in this master datapage

My overall purpose with this datapage is to show changes in the reports (representing a geography) in a table of contents/index with nice graphics representing each geography.

I'm new to this so i hope I was able to articulate the problem.  Thanks for any help.

12 answers to this question

Hi Berean,

My idea is:

1) Create the table with locations names.

2) Create a Tabular Report, select the table from step 1 as a DataSource.

3) On Results page add a Calculated field and enter SQL query like:

SELECT SUM(name_of_the_field_with_id_in_view) FROM _v_viewname WHERE name_of_the_field_in_view_where_locations_are _stored = target.[@field:locationfieldname]

Please, enter your values instead of green values.

I hope, it helps.

Let me know, if anything is not clear.

Hello Berean,

Welcome aboard  :) 

Do you want to display just the numbers of records of each DataPage in one or you want to embed each Datapage to one?

Do DataPages use conditions for records?

Could you please provide the link to your DataPage for investigation?

Hi Iren.

Thanks for asking.  I just want to display the number of records for each report-datapage (Their source is a Views datapage) in one report-datapage.  My report datapages filter for parameters (the same field for each report - location).

I have not yet created the new datapage which will pull the numbers until I've figured out how to go about it.  This new datapage will be the one to contain image thumbnails which will display the number of records per report per location, respectively.

Berean

Hi Jan, the problem with Data Grouping is that it appears in the results page and with individual records shown.  I would just like to display summaries - Count number for each location.  A preview summary page in place of a search form would be useful before the search results are shown.

Hi Berean,

Could you create a table for locations? I mean the table that contains only two fields: location_id and location.

You can add new records, when a new locations are added.

Also you can use this table as the Look up table for other tables.

I have one solution for this case, if the creation of the new table works for you.