How Do I Get My Button To Multi-Task?

Stepford

Question

Hi,

I have an inventory management style App in which I have a datapage where the warehouse operative can manage collection requests made from head office.

The datapage shows all open collection requests and I want the users to be able to check a "Collected" check box to confirm collection (which closes off the collection request in the Shipments table), but I also want them to be able to receive the collected items back into inventory (updating the Products table).

For the receiving back into inventory, I have created a control button that opens up a submission form for the Products table and carries over parameters to create the addition into inventory. The button works just fine and does what I want it to do, but I would like it to also close off the collection receipt too when I click it.

At the moment the problem I have is that I can either click the checkbox on my collection datapage and update the shipments table by clicking the automatically added "Update" button... and then not have a receipt record created in the product table or I can click on the "Putaway Stock" button I created and receive the collected items back into inventory updating the Products table, but not both.

Ideally I would like the standard "Update" button not to be there and to have my "Putaway Stock" button perform both tasks simultaneously.

The script for my "Putaway Stock" button is currently as follows:

<div style="margin:10px;"><a href="http://eu1.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=cde830003b6480d47dba4737916c&Stk_ID=[@field:Stk_ID]&Product_Description=[@field:Product_Description]&Request_Qty=[@field:Request_Qty]&Requested_By=[@field:Requested_By]" style="background:rgb(50, 50, 50); padding:7px 20px; border:1px solid rgb(221, 221, 221); border-image:none:color:rgb(255, 255, 255); font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;white-space:nowrap;">Putaway Stock</a></div>

What do I need to do to get it to perform both tasks? And how can I remove the standard "Update" button so that the user only has the one option?

Any help would be much appreciated.

4 answers to this question

Hello Stepford,

As far as I know, you can add your link

(http://eu1.caspio.co...16c&Stk_ID=[@field:Stk_ID]&Product_Description=[@field:Product_Description]&Request_Qty=[@field:Request_Qty]&Requested_By=[@field:Requested_By])

in the "Page URL" field on the "Destination and Emails" step, if you select "Go to a new page" in the "Destination after record update" drop-down list.

So, when a user clicks "Update", the data stored and the user is redirected to the link, and parameters are passed.

And you can change the name of the "Update" button in your Localization - it is "Forms/Details Pages - Buttons" category, Element "Update". You can enter "Putaway Stock" in the "Custom text".

Does it work for you?

Hi Jan,

Many thanks for your response on this one. Much appreciated :)

I tried what you suggested and it works in as much as the first update occurs and it opens the desired page, but the parameters are not being passed for some reason.
I just copied and pasted the URL from my button syntax as follows, but just get an empty page loading:
http://eu1.caspio.com/dp.asp?AppKey=cde830003b6480d47dba4737916c&Stk_ID=[@field:Stk_ID]&Product_Description=[@field:Product_Description]&Request_Qty=[@field:Request_Qty]&Requested_By=[@field:Requested_By]

Any ideas why the passing of parameters is not occurring? Do I need to make any changes to the syntax?

Thanks again.

Stephen :)