<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
function saveChange (form) {
    TestVar =form.inputbox.value;
    document.getElementById('EditRecordFIELD_X').value = TestVar;
    document.getElementById("caspioform").submit();
</SCRIPT>
<FORM NAME="myform" ACTION="" METHOD="GET">
<INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="inputbox" VALUE=[@field:FIELD_X]><P>
<INPUT TYPE="button" NAME="button1" Value="Save" onClick="saveChange(this.form)">
</FORM>

Thanks Walter,

That would surely work but I was hoping there is away to just place an input text field within the HTML Block on the same datapage. My attempts have failed. Is it not possible?

Also found this: http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-convert-existing-html-forms-to-work-with-caspio/

Which describes how to post data from your own external web form to a caspio datapage. 

Jon

Jon, if you say what is your goal, maybe I will be able to help.

If you want to change the data, change the Form Element on the Details page of the field to an editable one (Text Field, for example), then the "Update" button is displayed on the Form.

If you want to display Details and Submit a new data, deploy two DataPages on the same Web Page. In this case, I believe, the following articles help:

http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/parameters/how-to-create-a-one-to-many-relational-datapage/

http://howto.caspio.com/getting-started/create-a-one-to-many-relationship/

Hi Walter appreciated,

My goal is to embed an editable Text Field in an HTML Block. We are attempting this instead of using the conventional method so that we can achieve the desired appearance for the datapage. 

It almost works if I try this:

I add the FIELD_X to the datapage, make it Hidden.

Then place this code in an HTML Block:

<input name="EditRecordFIELD_X" class="cbFormTextField" id="EditRecordFIELD_X" type="text" size="25" maxlength="255" value=[@field:FIELD_X]>

If I type "A" in the field and click the standard Update button, I get "A," saved in the table and "A," displayed on the form.

If I then type "B" in the field and click the standard Update button, I get "B, A," saved in the table and just "B," displayed on the form.

How can we make it behave like a normal editable text field?