Login Expire Time

ChrisCarlson

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi ccarls3,

If I understand correctly, you have a DataPage, where you don't want to log out user after time out.

You can create the copy of your Authentication, assign it with the DataPage and set maximal value for time out setting. You also need to check the "Enable auto-login" in both Authentications.

Does it work for you?

Jan,

If I create another authentication (copy) will it require the user to login again? Is there any way to display login expiry date/time? I am having users report that when completing forms they are getting logged out upon submit, and losing their work. It would be nice if we can get login expiry time, and display it or make a script that warns user before logout.

Christopher,

As far as I know, if two Authentications use the same table as an Authentication table, and Auto-login is checked in both Authentications, then a user log in only one time and can go through both Authentications.

Does it work for you?

Or I can try to write a code that will display the expire time and maybe show some alert message, if time is less than a minute. I have several ideas but I need time to check if they work.

Jan,

I am using one authentication for the app but would like user warning message if session is about to expire. For example, let's say authentication setting is at 12 hours expire. If the user logs in at 8 AM, and then returns at 7:55 PM to complete an entry form (I have some lengthy ones), then if user does not submit by 8 PM it will time-out. It would be nice to add a script that would display a warning message when expire is approaching (like 5 minutes or allow custom value in script). That way users do not lose entry data if caught inbetween datapage load and submit. In the meantime I have extended session timeout setting to 7 days, this is not ideal and will still cause the same issue just less frequent.