Datapage Results Returning Too Many Records

ShelleyK

Question

I have setup a datapage report to look at a view and pull a member id from this view. The member id shows in the view tables multiple times. The results is pulling the member id each time they show in the table and I need it to only show once on the results page. What am I missing?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Our members compete in events. In the table they are given points from each event. With the formula below it is returning the correct points but showing a record for each time they show in the result table. I need it to return their name only once with totals. 

Example

Name            Total Points     Points Required  Qualified

Joe Smith           11                        12                   No

It is currently showing the above three times if Joe participated in three events

This is the formula for points earned

select sum(b.CCO_Place_Points)

from Results2015 a

join Lookup_Places b on b.CCO_Place_ID = a.PlaceID

where a.MemberID = [@field:Member2015_MemberName]

and this is for Qualification determination

select

case

when sum(b.CCO_Place_Points) > [@field:State_Points_Required_Required_Points] then 'Yes'

else 'No'

end

from Results2015 a

join Lookup_Places b on b.CCO_Place_ID = a.PlaceID

where a.MemberID = [@field:Member2015_MemberName]

Yes. In the Results table it is named member ID and the search is done off the Member table by name. Like a details page I want to only return their name once and not for each time it shows in the Results table. I cannot use a details report because I want them to be able to have all results show or only results based off of their search. 

All the information shows correctly but it shows on multiple lines due to the duplicate lines with the name.

Yes. The data grouping does not give me the report layout I need. I need for the report to return like below with a detail page to show all the activity. Problem is I get this line for every entry that Joe Smith's name shows up for in the table.

Joe Smith           11                        12                   No                 View Details

The grouping does not do what I want. It does not put it all on one line. All the search results need to be on one line. The details page is where the place ID's, Points for each place, Event date, Name, City, State etc. will show.

Joe Smith           11                        12                   No                 View Details

If Joe was in several events then this is what I am getting

Is there not a script to tell it if the name or ID shows multiple times in the table to only return it once on result page?

I have created a Pivot table that gives me the name only once but I need to add a column that is a calculated formula.

I need to add if one of the columns in values is greater than the other return yes otherwise no. I cannot get this to work in the Header/Footer

select

case

when sum(b.Results2015_Points) > [@field:State_Points_Required_Required_Points] then 'Yes'

else 'No'