Recording "record Count" Into Data Table?

pilotexpressions

Question

Hi all,

I am using a list report datapage to display an individual customer's purchase history. How may I record the "record count" number from this list report datapage into one of my data tables so I may keep track of the number of purchases a customer has made and use this number in other datapages?

Thanks!

Logan

6 answers to this question

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. I think instead trying to get the record number from a reports page, I should record it when a customer submits a new form. In other words, I want to keep record of the number of times a customer submits a certain form I have created.

I just found this page and it is looks to be similar to what I want it to do. http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-limit-the-number-of-submissions/. More specifically, I want it to record the submission.

I tried only using the "ATTENDEES TABLE (RECORDS THE SUBMISSION)" element to this tutorial, but am still having problems. 

I am using this script from the page, replacing "attendees" with my own field name, "Serial_Numbers":

Header:

<div style="display:none">

Footer:

</div>
<script>
document.getElementById('EditRecordSerial_Numbers').value = parseInt(document.getElementById('EditRecordSerial_Numbers').value) + 1;
document.getElementById('caspioform').submit();
</script>

I still can't get it to work, though. Any suggestions using this?

Thanks,

Logan

If you need to count the number of forms a customer submits, then add the customID as a field in the submission, then report on submissions by customerID, and group by customerID, and aggregate customerID with COUNT.

If you need to count all submissions, then see previous suggestion.