Future Value (FV) Calculation

neilcovert

Question

Is it possible to do a FV (future value) calculation inside of either a Calculated or the new Formula Field?

This function returns the future value of an investment based on a series of regular periodic cash flows (payments of a constant amount and all cash flows at constant intervals) and at a fixed interest rate.

The formula is: FV(periodic-rate, num-periods, payment, present-value, when-due).

Thanks.

Neil

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, neilcovert said:

Is it possible to do a FV (future value) calculation inside of either a Calculated or the new Formula Field?

This function returns the future value of an investment based on a series of regular periodic cash flows (payments of a constant amount and all cash flows at constant intervals) and at a fixed interest rate.

The formula is: FV(periodic-rate, num-periods, payment, present-value, when-due).

Thanks.

Neil

Hi Neil,

I calculated future value using this formula. I have all the data in one table, so I used formula field with the following formula:

[@field:Cash_flow]*power((1+[@field:rate]),[@field:number_of_periods])

It's possible to calculate the same in calculated field on report, if you need to take values from different tables.