VLE33

Question

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, VLE33 said:

I have a registration set up and my users have profile pages. I also have searches set up. How can I allow a user to save the results of one of their searches to their profile. Is this possible?

Thanks for any advice.

Sure, it's possible. You may allow users to save data from results page. You can find more info here

Then add a field with 'file' data type to user's table and make that field to be editable on profile page, so users will be able to upload file there.

45 minutes ago, Mathilda said:

Sure, it's possible. You may allow users to save data from results page. You can find more info here

Then add a field with 'file' data type to user's table and make that field to be editable on profile page, so users will be able to upload file there.

Thanks Mathilda. 

Is there a way the search can be saved without downloading and then re-uploading? A bit like a user saves an item to a shopping cart.

8 minutes ago, VLE33 said:

Thanks Mathilda. 

Is there a way the search can be saved without downloading and then re-uploading? A bit like a user saves an item to a shopping cart.

Yes, there is an option how you may implement that. You could add a button and onclick call a submission form which will receive parameters from selected record, user ID and autosubmit itself. Then you may create a report datapage with record level security and filter only records, associated with user ID. You may deploy that report on the same page where you deployed user's profile.

Please feel free to ask if something is not clear enough.