Jump to content
  • 0

Passing inputs through APIs


MyNameIsSean
 Share

Question

Hello, I have a table with the columns email_address and email_verification.

Ideally I would like the email to get verified through a site like quickemailverification.com when the email is entered or submitted, and if it passes the verification, it will get updated as a "verified" value under email_verification.

I am wondering if the datapage allows me to carry out a getJSON request (or getAJAX request) to the API using the email_address input, then pass the result on to the email_verification field automatically.

If it helps, the API is as such:

"http://api.quickemailverification.com/v1/verify?email=richard@quickemailverification.com&apikey=###"

and the response is as such:

{
    "result":"invalid",
    "reason":"rejected_email",
    "disposable":"false",
    "accept_all":"false",
    "role":"false",
    "email":"richard@quickemailverification.com",
    "user":"richard",
    "domain":"quickemailverification.com",
    "safe_to_send":"false",
    "success":"true",
    "message":null
}

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am not very well versed in both Caspio and Javascript; I am still learning so I'd appreciate if you could please be as explicit as possible, thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 5/15/2017 at 1:20 PM, MyNameIsSean said:

Hello, I have a table with the columns email_address and email_verification.

Ideally I would like the email to get verified through a site like quickemailverification.com when the email is entered or submitted, and if it passes the verification, it will get updated as a "verified" value under email_verification.

I am wondering if the datapage allows me to carry out a getJSON request (or getAJAX request) to the API using the email_address input, then pass the result on to the email_verification field automatically.

If it helps, the API is as such:

"http://api.quickemailverification.com/v1/verify?email=richard@quickemailverification.com&apikey=###"

and the response is as such:

{
    "result":"invalid",
    "reason":"rejected_email",
    "disposable":"false",
    "accept_all":"false",
    "role":"false",
    "email":"richard@quickemailverification.com",
    "user":"richard",
    "domain":"quickemailverification.com",
    "safe_to_send":"false",
    "success":"true",
    "message":null
}

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am not very well versed in both Caspio and Javascript; I am still learning so I'd appreciate if you could please be as explicit as possible, thank you.

 

Hi MyNameIsSean,

How you considerate to implement an email verification process as described in this HowTo article:

http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/tech-tip-how-to-validate-a-user-email-address/

It should be much easier.

Hope this helps.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
15 hours ago, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi MyNameIsSean,

How you considerate to implement an email verification process as described in this HowTo article:

http://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/common-customizations/tech-tip-how-to-validate-a-user-email-address/

It should be much easier.

Hope this helps.

 

Hi Vitalikssssss,

Thank you for your help, but that is not what I meant.

I would not like to send the verification via email, but rather verify it through the previously mentioned website such that it gets verified automatically as an active email address.

The reason is that the email addresses will not be user-submitted, rather they will be added by staff members, so we do not want to send unsolicited verification emails upon entry, but would still like to verify that those email addresses are valid and active, for our marketing purposes.

P.S. sorry i did not mean to downvote your reply, I was just trying to figure out how to post a reply to your reply lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/18/2017 at 4:53 AM, MyNameIsSean said:

Hi Vitalikssssss,

Thank you for your help, but that is not what I meant.

I would not like to send the verification via email, but rather verify it through the previously mentioned website such that it gets verified automatically as an active email address.

The reason is that the email addresses will not be user-submitted, rather they will be added by staff members, so we do not want to send unsolicited verification emails upon entry, but would still like to verify that those email addresses are valid and active, for our marketing purposes.

P.S. sorry i did not mean to downvote your reply, I was just trying to figure out how to post a reply to your reply lol

Hi MyNameIsSean,

Caspio DB can only consume API calls currently.

Perhaps you can take a look Zapier if they have an available Zap for email verification upon creating a record in Caspio.

Hope this helps. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

 

On 5/19/2017 at 8:42 PM, Vitalikssssss said:

Hi MyNameIsSean,

Caspio DB can only consume API calls currently.

Perhaps you can take a look Zapier if they have an available Zap for email verification upon creating a record in Caspio.

Hope this helps. 

Hi Vitalikssssss,

That is unfortunate. Imagine the possibilities!

And, I was experiencing issues with Zapier, but I will continue to look into it.

Thanks for your help so far!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...