Use report form to search and save on another table

LuluSW

Question

Caspio minds

How can I use a report form to select an item from a table, and after the item is selected I save it as a foreign key on another table?

For example,  imagine two tables:  Users and Cars.   A user wants to buy a car.  So I use a report form to show the items from Cars table.  Once the user selects the car he wants, the app will save the CarId on the User table.

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, LuluSW said:

Caspio minds

How can I use a report form to select an item from a table, and after the item is selected I save it as a foreign key on another table?

For example,  imagine two tables:  Users and Cars.   A user wants to buy a car.  So I use a report form to show the items from Cars table.  Once the user selects the car he wants, the app will save the CarId on the User table.

You need to create a separate table for orders and pass parameters in query string to this table from report datapage.

Create a submission form and receive needed parameters onload: customerID and car_ID, insert autosubmit script, save the datapage and get the direct deploy URL of the datapage. Autosubmit script will let you submit data automatically.

Then place a link to the submission form in html block on report datapage. E.g:

<a href="URL_of_the_datapage&Customer_ID=[authfield:Customer_ID]&Car_ID=[@field:Car_ID]">Link name</a>