vanderLeest

Automated sequence number is child form

Question

I wonder if someone found or came across a way to add an automated sequence number (for example, in the form of the current record count) to a child form based on a one to many relationship, for example each interested person for a specific house gets a sequence number from 1 for the first entry to n for the most recent entry. For another house the sequence start again at 1.

2 answers to this question

On 5/30/2017 at 1:58 AM, vanderLeest said:

I wonder if someone found or came across a way to add an automated sequence number (for example, in the form of the current record count) to a child form based on a one to many relationship, for example each interested person for a specific house gets a sequence number from 1 for the first entry to n for the most recent entry. For another house the sequence start again at 1.

As far as I understand you need to create a queue of people who wants to see the house. I suppose that you have a submission form where person can submit an inquiry. That form should receive house ID, then add a virtual field, make it to be cascading drop-down and sort values in descending order. This will let you see how many people are already in the line, then increment a value (+ 1) using java script and write into the table

The script will be like that:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function calculate()

{
var v_increment = parseFloat(document.getElementsByName("cbParamVirtual1")[0].value);

document.getElementById("InsertRecordField2").value = v_increment+1;

}

document.getElementById("caspioform").onsubmit=calculate;

</SCRIPT>

Thank you Mathilda, for your quick reply and detailed answer

Now I see there is in principle a way to do this kind of thing.

My scenario is a two child forms embedded in a main form that aims to - in one case - associate Files to an Activity and in an other case Organisations to the same activity.

I want to be able to add a (hidden) sequence number to each associated file, and each associated organisation in both a submission form and in a report detail form.