jwood9393

Logout Link Problem

Question

I followed the instructions in the Caspio Online Help Center article "Adding a Logout Link", however am having issues. When a logged in user clicks the "Logout" link, a "File Not Found (404 error)" message comes up. I tried both having the "logout destination" remain as the default "Same Page" and the same 404 error pops up when the Logout button is clicked. I also tried the "Go to a new page" option and used the home page of my website as the URL, but the same 404 error pops up. I should mention, the completed DataPage is deployed using the "<Embed>" option - the code is copied and pasted into an HTML box on my GoDaddy Website Builder application. Everything works seamlessly up until the logout button - even on my live website (created with the GoDaddy Website Builder), users can enter their Username & Password successfully, view the datapage as I set it up, but the Logout button redirects them to the 404 error page. Very frustrating - any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

On 6/10/2017 at 6:32 AM, jwood9393 said:

I followed the instructions in the Caspio Online Help Center article "Adding a Logout Link", however am having issues. When a logged in user clicks the "Logout" link, a "File Not Found (404 error)" message comes up. I tried both having the "logout destination" remain as the default "Same Page" and the same 404 error pops up when the Logout button is clicked. I also tried the "Go to a new page" option and used the home page of my website as the URL, but the same 404 error pops up. I should mention, the completed DataPage is deployed using the "<Embed>" option - the code is copied and pasted into an HTML box on my GoDaddy Website Builder application. Everything works seamlessly up until the logout button - even on my live website (created with the GoDaddy Website Builder), users can enter their Username & Password successfully, view the datapage as I set it up, but the Logout button redirects them to the 404 error page. Very frustrating - any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, can you please show the html code of the logout link?