Counting and limiting submissions

Smashley

Question

I am trying to track warnings given to company employees. It's a three-strikes-and-you're-out situation.

I originally created a field called "warning_level" in which you could select a 1, 2, or a 3.

But now I'm wondering if it's possible to automatically calculate/count how many warnings have been submitted for each employee.

And also limit submissions to three per employee.

Additionally, warnings are meant to expire after one year. Is it possible to calculate the age of a submission and automatically make it inactive, and then prevent it from being included in the count?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers to this question

On 6/20/2017 at 6:15 PM, Smashley said:

I am trying to track warnings given to company employees. It's a three-strikes-and-you're-out situation.

I originally created a field called "warning_level" in which you could select a 1, 2, or a 3.

But now I'm wondering if it's possible to automatically calculate/count how many warnings have been submitted for each employee.

And also limit submissions to three per employee.

Additionally, warnings are meant to expire after one year. Is it possible to calculate the age of a submission and automatically make it inactive, and then prevent it from being included in the count?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I wonder who sets warning point? Is it a specific employee or you need to do that automatically after a specific action?

Where do you store warning points? In users table or you have a separate table?

Conditions which you described can be done in a view, however exact criteria depends on the current workflow.

You may also have a look at this solution which should be close to what you need

Hi @Smashley,

For limiting submissions, you could check this article: https://howto.caspio.com/tech-tips-and-articles/advanced-customizations/how-to-limit-the-number-of-submissions/

For expiration like one year, you may use the new feature TASK on this certain scenario. This allows you to modify data based on a predefined time schedule which you can use to update your field and make it inactive. 

To know more about Tasks, check it here:  https://howto.caspio.com/tasks/

Check this video for more information

I hope this helps!