SumIf Formulas

shaferam

Question

Hello,

I'm creating a student scheduling app and each student has certain requirements that they need to have on their schedules. For example: 4 weeks of "internship".  In Excel I could sumif for the number of weeks for each requirement so the reviewer could see that the student had scheduled the correct number of weeks for each requirement. Any suggestions on how to tackle this in Caspio?

thanks!
Aileen

4 answers to this question

Hi shaferam,

In your tabular or details datapage, you can use Calculated Fields

Assuming the scheduled hours live in a different table, you can call and sum values across tables by using Calculated Fields and the following line of code:

SELECT SUM(Your_Number_Field) FROM Table_Name WHERE Column_Name = 'Value' AND Column_Name2 = 'Value2'

Please note that you need to replace the parameters for valid names accordingly.

I hope it helps.

39 minutes ago, douvega said:

Thank you! This is extremely helpful. Is there a way to employ the same concept as an aggregation at the bottom of a group rather than in a column? I can sum the total weeks by students using the basic Sum function but I tried using the code you provided in the aggregate formula area and it totals for all students rather than by each student(group). I've attached a screenshot of what I'm trying to do.

Caspio-GroupingAggregationHelp.jpg