DataPage Permissions

DanLiesik

Question

DataPage "TEST" is a tabular report that contains project details and the current status of various aspects of the project. I am looking for a way to allow two groups to interact with TEST differently:

1. Group A can execute a search and then View the Results as well as Edit the status fields.
  2. Group B can execute a search and then View the Results only.

I am hoping to avoid creating a duplicate DataPage that has all of the field set to Display Only and instead have a single DataPage that has restricted Editting permissions for certain users (Group B). Users DO have unique Employee IDs.

0 answers to this question

Hi DanLiesik,

You can implement the desired behavior with Conditional Rules formatting which is available on Details section of Report Datapage. 

You should make Details page editable by default and enable conditional rule which will use authentication parameter in order to make fields "Display only" for users from group B.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

vitalikssssss

On 12/8/2017 at 5:27 AM, Vitalikssssss said:

You can implement the desired behavior with Conditional Rules formatting which is available on Details section of Report Datapage. 

You should make Details page editable by default and enable conditional rule which will use authentication parameter in order to make fields "Display only" for users from group B.

Thank you for these options! I was hoping to determine a way to still access and utilize the Line and Grid Edit features as well, so that users are clicking back and forth between pages. I know that this isn't a regular feature, but perhaps there is some arrangement of JavaScript that would make these two Edit Icons hidden from Group B.

Is that at all possible?