JeremyMenefee

Adding Business Days to a Date Field

Question

I need to create a formula that will calculate a date based off of how many business days a number field is. Basically I need to mimic the WorkDay formula in excel. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this in Caspio?

This is a link explaining the workday formula: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/3445-excel-add-days-to-date-excluding-weekends-and-holidays.html

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

On 12/9/2017 at 2:13 AM, JeremyMenefee said:

I need to create a formula that will calculate a date based off of how many business days a number field is. Basically I need to mimic the WorkDay formula in excel. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this in Caspio?

This is a link explaining the workday formula: https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/3445-excel-add-days-to-date-excluding-weekends-and-holidays.html

Thanks!

Hi, this solution requires creating a sql function, which is not possible in formula or calculated field.

I usually post my requests which fall out of standard behavior here, you may post your idea there as well

Hi there,

In case someone needs, you may try the following solution to count ONLY business days and exclude weekends and Holidays (you may need to have a separate table with State holidays information)

To calculate the difference in dates (only considering business days), enter the following into your calculated field:

SELECT
   (DATEDIFF(dd, [@field: StartDate], [@field:EndDate]) + 1)
  -(DATEDIFF(wk, [@field:StartDate], [@field:EndDate]) * 2)
  -(CASE WHEN DATENAME(dw, [@field:StartDate]) = 'Sunday' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)
  -(CASE WHEN DATENAME(dw, [@field:EndDate]) = 'Saturday' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) 

-(SELECT count(id) FROM Your_State_Holidays
WHERE date BETWEEN [@field:StartDate] AND [@field:EndDate]
AND DATENAME(dw, date) NOT IN ('Sunday', 'Saturday'))

where you replace StartDate and  EndDate with your corresponding fields and Your_State_Holidays wih the name of your table