Need to add many zipcodes and create new record for each one.

barthur

Question

I will try to explain my problem

I need to have an input form where when you select a zipcode some more values are looked up in a table and auto p[populated in other fields of the input form.  easy enough.

However, I need to select multiple zipcodes and do the same each time, inserting a separate record in a report table.  I need the logic to automatically create a new zipcode selection field on the input form if the one above it is filled out or have a button that says "add another zipcode", leaving all of the other fields on the input form filled out and a new record created each time.  I may need the user to select as many as 20 zipcodes so I want it to be as clean as possible.  

Any ideas on how to do this?  many thanks

Clay

1 answer to this question

As I understand you have a lookup table from which you can auto fill the rest of the fields based on zipcode selection. For each zipcode you should be able to add a new row. If this is the case, you can add a link back to the same submission page in successful message area. For instance: <a href="LINK TO PAGE"> Add more zipcode</a>