CKEditor (Text Area editor) locks up...

ronbrumbarger

Question

10 answers to this question

On 4/19/2018 at 4:58 AM, ronbrumbarger said:

I've been using the Text Area editor (CKEditor) for years, but suddenly when trying to add a URL (link) link to selected/highlighted text, the editor locks up and renders the page dormant.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  What's the issue and work-around?

Hi @ronbrumbarger,

I have this problem before, I thought the rich textarea was freezing when the URL or IMAGE icon was tick.  Try to scroll it down and you may find the popup window position in the center of your website. If that happens,  consider adjusting the CSS attributes for CKEditor. Try to playaround  with the margin from top,bottom,left or right to move it closer.

-Franchiser-

Thanks @Franchiser

I tried some of those efforts to no avail.  Admittedly, I'm not well versed in CSS, especially vis-a-vis CKEditor.  I just can't understand why this started happening out of the blue.  I'll dig into the CSS settings and see if I get lucky.  Might you have a snippet you can share?  In the meantime, if anyone else is battling this annoying problem, I'd sure love to hear from you.

thanks!

Ron

Hi Ron,

I have talked to someone with the support team  and I was told that there were no changes made with the frame deployment. They advised me to make the height lessen but will not work with my case. The issue causes the height of the frame the way it was set up,  So, I did used the CSS to do the trick and it works for me.

-Franchiser-

@ronbrumbarger,

Try this code:

.modal {
  position: absolute;
  top: 50%;
  left: 50%;
  transform: translate(-50%, -50%);
}

If does not work, you can try this JavaScript code

<script>
CKEDITOR.on('dialogDefinition', function(e) {
    var dialogName = e.data.name;
    var dialog = e.data.definition.dialog;

dialogDefinition.onShow = function() {
        var x_pos = this.getPosition().x;
        var y_pos = 10;
        this.move(x_pos, y_pos); // Top center
        this._.moved = 1;
    };

});
</script>

Yes, same here.  It's maddening.  The issue is that the modal dialog boxes pop up in the center of the active window, NOT relative to the CKEditor's location on the page.  It's frustrating and a setting changed on the back end of Caspio, but they claim there's no such change.  It just happened to start happening one day to my applications without any changes on my behalf.  @caspio