APP Parameter data refresh on submit

Hi,

I'm using an app parameter on a search and report that displays calculated totals based on the end users search. The end user then has the ability to make changes (via the bulk edit) to the data displayed in the report. Once the bulk edit is submitted the data on the report refreshes fine; the app parameter does not refresh to show the changes made by the end user. The app parameter is being used to display grand totals. I can click the refresh in the browser which does update the app parameter. 

How do I get Caspio's app parameter to update when the report is updated without performing a manual browser refresh? 

Thanks, 

Bre

On 5/6/2018 at 7:04 AM, Breee said:

Hi,

I'm using an app parameter on a search and report that displays calculated totals based on the end users search. The end user then has the ability to make changes (via the bulk edit) to the data displayed in the report. Once the bulk edit is submitted the data on the report refreshes fine; the app parameter does not refresh to show the changes made by the end user. The app parameter is being used to display grand totals. I can click the refresh in the browser which does update the app parameter. 

How do I get Caspio's app parameter to update when the report is updated without performing a manual browser refresh? 

Thanks, 

Bre

Hi Bree,

As far as I know, you can't modify an app parameter. May you please provide a test case or sample page to fully understand?

-Franchiser-

Hi Franchiser, I'll post a sample page is a few. In the meantime here are the end-user's steps.   

Ex:  

- Enter search criteria into Caspio Search Form 

- Search and Report displays 5 rows;  calcfield value of  each row is $20.00. 

- App Parameter (used is the header section of the report) includes a calcfield that shows the sum/grand total amount of the 5 rows displayed on the search and report $100.00  (5 rows at $20.00 each = $100.00). 

- End User changes the first row to $0.00 using the bulk edit update. 

- Search and Report displays  $0.00 for  the '1st' row and $20.00 each for the remaining '4' rows = $80.00

- App Parameter continues to show old grand total amount, $100.00, as if the bulk edit update did not occur. (Manually refreshing the page will display the updated grand total amount of $80.00)

**It seems that the bulk edit update function does not apply to  app parameters whose data might be affected when calcfields are being used in the app parameter. I'm trying to bypass having the end user manually refresh the page whenever an update is made to the report using the bulk edit. Is there a way to refresh a page after the bulk edit update button is clicked? 

Thanks so much for taking a look at my question. It is greatly appreciated. 

Bre