Trying to group gallery results

MrsMedia

Question

Has anyone figured out how to group the gallery display results by record? Working on a voters guide. Ideally, would like the display to break out by race title (as the section header) and then the candidates' pics and info underneath.  It seems that record grouping is only available with "tabular" or "combined" datapages. But, those datapages only displays the results as a list and not in a grid layout.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Gallery-datapage-display.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi @Vitalikssssss,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried to go that route, but then, I couldn't get the Datapage to restrict the number of results that displayed specifically to the election race that I wanted to break out.  I tried setting up 4 Datapages with the goal of only pulling specific candidate records as they correlate to an election. Example - "Datapage A" should only display record results 1-6; "Datapage B" should only display results 7-9; "Datapage C" should only display results 10-11; Datapage D" should only display results 12-16 ... and so on. There is no way to set Datapages to restrict and pull records from a sequential order. The only option available is to restrict the total number of records returned.

There are 62 races, which would amount to 62 Datapages to produce ... and likely creating 62 unique tables that would only include the candidates specific to each race in order to get them to display in a grouped grid layout. 

Do you know of a way to control how to restrict the way records are returned? Some advance setting or logic configuration that I'm not aware of?