Sign in to follow this  
QueenB

Filtering Criteria using Calculated Field

Question

In my Reports DataPage, I have a calculated field which determines if the record is Active or Inactive. I want to use this as one of my criteria in the search form. How can I do so?

4 answers to this question

Hi @kristina,

I got the same issue. Adding another field to the table and use formula will do. But, in formula field, Select function is not allowed.  Is there another workflow for this?

Thanks. 

Hi @IamBlossom ,

Regarding with your issue, may I know what is your formula so that I can test it on my end? But if you are using a Select Statement unfortunately select function is not allowed in a formula field. However, maybe we can use triggers to achieve your desired result.

Thanks.

Hi @NailDyanC,

Thank you for your response. 

I have two tables, Student_Record and Student_Info. Both tables are linked together. Student_Record  contains Payment field. 

Per Student_ID, I want to sum all the payments that particular student made. If greater than 0, then the Status should be Active, else Inactive. 

Here is my formula:

CASE 
WHEN
(SELECT SUM(Payment) FROM Student_Record WHERE Student_ID = target.[@field:Student_ID] > 0 THEN
'Active'
ELSE
'Inactive'
END 

I have this in my calculated field. I want to use Status as my filtering criteria but it seems that it is not allowed.

Thanks.